Monday 9 July 2012

Crimson Fists Captain Jorge

After a fairly large break in my painting I've been hankering after trying out my painting skills to 'benchmark' them and see what I'm capable of.  When you're painting loads of rank and file troops for an army it's easy to forget about the more sophisticated painting techniques that are saved for special characters and commissions.   So I broke out this plastic Space Marine captain to really flex my painting muscles and here is the result....



One thing I really wanted to try was NMM- that's non metallic metal, and I used this technique on the sword.  As you can see I've used conventional metallic paints elsewhere and it seems to hang together.  The sword is just Revell dark grey blended up to GW Skull White in a way to mimic shining steel.  I'm fairly happy with the result and will incorporate it into future projects.

I'm really trying to up my game when it comes to painting as I felt for a while I'd got into a rut (painting an Imperial Guard infantry company, over a hundred guys in brown overalls was a killer!!) so it's nice to show off a bit and remember that painting minis is meant to be an enjoyable experience!

1 comment:

Alexander Man said...

Great bright colors! Really nice paint job. I really like that nmm sword. I have never practised that techique... Maybe I should now, for it looks good :)