Thursday 17 October 2013

Pedro Kantor


Hello 40k people, I've posted up my recently painted Pedro Kantor model to celebrate my first couple of games of 40k 6th edition.  It's taken quite a while to get this far due to other commitments but in the last month I've painted lots of Crimson Fists and revamped my old Imperial Guard while acquainting myself with the new space marine codex and reprising the joys of footslogging Imperial Guard.

My first game was a 1000 pointer versus mechanized Orks, in which Pedro led a Imperial Guard platoon onto the objective while his battle brothers gave supporting fire.  It was a very close game and surprisingly I came out on top, partially due to Pedro bopping a squad of Killa Kans in close assault but also largely due to my opponent being enormously sporting by offering advice on my moves.... cheers Si!

My second game saw me facing an inquisitorial retinue, now talk about two totally different forces, I had tweaked my 1000 point guard/SM army to have a cheaper SM captain over Pedro, and two extra mortar squads in the platoon.  Despite facing two inquisitors, a callidus assassin and loads of lascannon wielding Jokaero I managed to mortar and las spam the inquisition to a standstill, meaning i just took the central objective with heavy casualties and won my second game.

I'm really enjoying 6th edition and I like the 'fluffy' synergy of my Crimson Fists and Imperial Guard who hold the line while the Astartes act as mobile fire teams and fill in emergency roles.  Over the comng weeks I'm building a Sternguard force for a coming tournament, unfortunately no allies but I think a Pedro-Sternguard build could be competitive.

No comments: