Tuesday 12 November 2013

Crimson Fists Land Speeder

I decided to finish this item that has been sat around for a while.  It started life in my younger bro's Black Templars army and it had a pretty thick layer of black spray primer on it which I removed by putting the model in a bath of brake fluid for a few days.  Consequently the surface is puckered where the solvents ate into the plastic, but for a free fast attack choice I can't complain.  I think I'll pair this up with a tempest to make a nice anti-tank reserve choice.


I gently sponged on grey paint on edges and vulnerable areas to simulate paint chips, and chainmail to a lesser degree on extreme edges where paint would be totally removed.

The transfers were applied over a brush painted gloss varnish- you only need to do the part that will be covered by the transfer.  They all had Micro-Sol applied to help the transfer to the surface, on the shoulder pads this took something like 15 applications over a few days so it takes patience, but the end results are worth it as the markings really add to the overall effect.

No comments: